(1) We invite regular papers of up to 11 pages. These papers will undergo a detailed peer-reviewing process, with at least two experts in the field reviewing the paper, and will comply with the requirements of the South African DHET research output policy. Authors of papers that are not accepted as regular papers may be asked to submit a 2-page abstract as work in progress (see point 3 below).
(2) A 2-page abstract of papers accepted, under review, or to be submitted at some other conference or journal can be submitted to FAIR2019. The abstract should specify where the paper has been accepted, is under review, or has not been submitted. The full paper should also be submitted, but need not be reformatted. Such papers will receive a light review, but will not comply with the requirements of the South African DHET research output policy. Only the 2-page abstract will appear in the proceedings in case of acceptance.
(3) A 2-page abstract of work in progress can be submitted to FAIR2019. Optionally, authors may also submit a full paper. Such papers will receive a light review, but will not comply with the requirements of the South African DHET research output policy. Only the 2-page abstract will appear in the proceedings in case of acceptance.
- FAIR2019 allows (but does not require) submissions to be anonymous. I.e. the PC members and the reviewers will not see the identity of authors in the submission system (EasyChair). If you wish to conceal your identity, please don’t forget to omit it from the PDF file you are submitting.
- The regular papers and 2-page abstracts must be formatted using the Springer LNCS style. The list of references in these submissions does not count towards the page limit.
- Option 2 is designed for authors who wish to announce results that have been published elsewhere, or which the authors intend to submit or have already submitted to a venue with an incompatible prior / concurrent publication policy.
- Option 3 is designed for authors who wish to announce results that are not quite ready for submission.
- All submissions may optionally include a clearly marked appendix (e.g., with additional proofs or evaluation data). The appendix will be read at the discretion of the reviewers and not included in the proceedings. The appendix does not need to be in LNCS format.
- Accepted regular papers and 2-page abstracts will be made available electronically in the CEUR Workshop Proceedings series (
- Accepted submissions, be they regular papers or 2-page abstracts, will be selected for either oral or poster presentation at the conference. Submissions will be judged solely based upon their content, and the type of submission will have no bearing on the decision between oral and poster presentation.